Beit Tfila Binyamin Synagogue in Lukyan Kobylytsya St
Chernivtsi has had at least 6 synagogues throughout its history, two of them are in operation now and one of the latter is Beit Tfila Binyamin ("Binyamin’s House of Prayer”) that was built 1923 in Razboyeni St (now L.Kobylytsya St). The full synagogue's name is The House of Prayer of Benyamin, his Wife Pesya Beila and Their Son d-r Mordekhay.
The land plot for the future synagogue was granted by the Shapiro spouses. Binyamin Shapiro also was the treasurer of the construction committee.
The synagogue has been retained relatively well. Its special value are inner paintings made by an unknown Chernivtsi painter. After the World War II the synagogue's inner scenes were refreshed.
Doors with symbols of the Jewish creed
The David star on the spire of the main dome
The star on the left-hand small dome
Tourist info plaque