Former Hotel Bristol in today's Filarmonska ("Philharmonic") Square
The building was erected in early 1900s and formally put into operation on July 31, 1906. The hotel had the reputation of a luxurious and high-quality hospitality Chernivtsi firm offering expensive rooms to guests of Bukovyna in upper floors and business offices in its ground floor.
In 1944, as soon as the Chernivtsi Medical University was established, the building was provided to the new educational institution as a dormitory. This status has been remaining for over 70 years.
A historical photo of Hotel Bristol
Corner of Hotel Bristol