Bukovinian State Medical University, the Main Building in Teatralna Sq
The Building was originally designed for the Bukovynian Chamber of Commerce and Crafts and became a part of the Bukovynian State Medical University (Medical Institute at that time, later Medical Academy) after the World War II. The construction took 2 years, from 1910 to 1912, and was based on the design by F. Gottesmann invited to contribute to Chernivtsi's development.
Medical University, the title with ornamental elements
The statue on the left-hand side
Hermes, the patron of commerce
An old-style lantern near the entrance
The building features tiny mosaic elements symbolizing industrial guilds of Bukovyna. Here is one of scientific workers
Medical doctors' guild