The year-built plaque and the eagle as the symbol of Austro-Hungarian Empire. Chernivtsi City Culture Palace (former Jewish National House), Teatralna Sq
This building forming the architectural ensemble of Chernivtsi's Teatralna ("Theater") Square was built in Art Nouveau style for the funds collected by the Jewish community as the local Jewish National House and became the Culture Palace after the World War II. The façade is decorated with telamon statues.
Chernivtsi City Culture Palace (former Jewish National House), the front view
Telamons so much beloved by architects of that era
A telamon, close-up
The memorial plaque. "The Jewish National House was erected in 1908 by Chernivtsi Jewish Community. Architect: T.Levandovsky"
On August 22, 2008 the Museum of Jewish History and Culture in Bukovyna was opened here. The museum has various exhibits, mostly household items, religious books, historical documents.