The five-floor Golden Lion hotel was erected in 1910 in place of the same-named two-storey hotel in Chernivtsi. Throughout the history the structure's purpose changed, and now this is the Building No. 11 of the Chernivtsi National University with business areas in its ground floor.
A historical photo of Centralna Sq from appox. 1930s with the Golden Lion hotel in it
The dome structure
A closer look
The golden lion relief reminds of the building's first name and origin