Tulip Valley between Mamayivtsi and Luzhany villages, Kitsman District
Kitsman District is located in the South-West part of the forest and steppe area of Chernivtsi Oblast and borders on Vyzhnytsia, Zastavna and Storozhynets Districts of the Oblast occupying the territory of 60.8 sq. km.
Nature in the District area
The District's territory is the smallest one in the whole Oblast. It stretches for 20 km from the West to the East and 40 km from the North to the South. Main roads connect all villages of the District.
Road entrance to Kitsman
The village of Mamayivtsi is located on the left bank of the Prut river 10 km afar from the District's center. The territory of the village and its outskirts has 20 architecture monuments. The first historic record about Mamayivtsi dates back to 1580.
St Pokrova Church in Mamayivtsi
Mamayivtsi, mosaic on a public building
Mamayivtsi, historical Ivanivska church
Luzhany urban village has Ascension Church which is one of the oldest Orthodox temples (15th century).
Mamayivtsi, historical Ascension church
Kitsman town, the District's administrative center, is located on the banks of the Sovytsya river 25 km North-West of Chernivtsi. The first historic record about Kitsman dates back to 1413.
The symbol of Kitsman
A public building in Kitsman
Monument to Volodymyr Ivasyuk in Kitsman
Power lines near Kitsman
St. George church in Kitsman
There are a lot of lakes and ponds suitable for leisure and fishing in the District. Its forests occupy almost 8,000 hectares populated by the wild boar, fox, hare, deer, pheasant and other species.
A pond in Shypyntsi
The District is famous for its Tulip Valley blossoming every year.
Kitsman District on Google Maps