Chernivtsi Philharmonic Hall, Filarmonska Sq
In 1872 Chernivtsi residents established the Music Society, and in April 1876 the first stone was laid into the foundation of the future accommodation of the Society in Mehlplatz ("Flour square”, now Filarmonska ("Philharmonic") Sq). In December 1877 the building was finished. Its walls and halls painted by Karl Jobst, a professor of history painting, remember the most distinguished stars of the XIX century, such as Solomiya Krushelnytska, Enrico Caruso, Arthur Rubinstein. After more than a hundred of years this structure given to Chernivtsi Music Hall will give the name to the square where it stands.
The plaque naming outstanding people who once performed in concerts here (Caruso and Shalyapin among others)
The History Monument plaque
The memorial plaque to Sidy Thal, a renowned actress of Ukraine
Memorial plaque to the democratic events of early 1917
The memorial plaque to Mykola Lysenko. The outstanding Ukrainian music composer gave its concerts here on May 4-8, 1905