This monument was initially erected in Chernivtsi to commemorate died soldiers of Archduke Eugen's Infantry Regiment No.41 on December 2, 1902, to the Regiment's 200th anniversary.
During the Soviet times, on December 14, 1949 the monument was removed. In the middle 2000s enthusiasts found six major fragments of the structure, in particular, the split pedestal with inscriptions. The cracked plate was installed in its former place.
The pedestal features texts in Ukrainian, German and Romanian: "To the mighty soldiers of Archduke Eugen's Infantry Regiment No.41. Grateful Bukovyna".
The commemorative text in Romanian
The frontal view
The original monument