Catholic Cathedral of Holy Cross Erection as seen from Shkilna St
This was the first Roman-Catholic cathedral in Chernivtsi. Its construction took about 30 years, interrupted by many misfortunes, and not only financial. During the process event the Cathedral's tower fell down twice. On July 29, 1814 the Cathedral was consecrated and given the name of Holy Cross Erection. In 1966 a fire destroyed the tower that was renovated based on the previous sample.
In 1909-1910 the Cathedral was expanded. The altar remained on the first steps inside the structure's inner side.
The front view
The Cathedral from its left
From the right-hand side
The plaque with the Cathedral's name in Polish and Ukrainian
The Cathedral has a sundial on its left wall
The Cathedral's dome