The Polish National House in Olha Kobylyanska St, the front view
As in 1786-1849 Bukovyna administratively was a part of Galicia, the number of Poles here had been rapidly increasing for over a century finally reaching around 13%. For this reason the Polish community organized its national center in Chernivtsi, the construction of the building for which was formally ended December 2, 1905. The design was developed by Franciszek Skowron, a well-known Polish architect mainly residing and creating in Lviv (Lemberg).
So the House looked soon after its opening
The House is a part of the architectural ensemble of Kobylyanska St
The memorial plaque and the tourist info plaque telling the story of the House creation